Students may be admitted conditionally from colleges that have been approved by the corresponding State Board of Education but not by the regional accrediting association. The work completed at the non-accredited college must be validated before the student is classified or the credits are fully accepted.

To validate the work done at the non-accredited institution, students must complete one year of satisfactory work in residence at Albany State University. In most cases, students will be required to complete the English, science and professional courses in residence. Should students fail to maintain an average of "C" or better while in residence, the University will not accept the work completed at the non-accredited institution. If students maintain a "C" average or better during the first year of enrollment, they should contact the Records Office to insure credit validation.