Federal Pell Grant

Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant (SEOG)

Federal Teach Grant

Iraq And Afghanistan Service Grant


The fund makes financial assistance available to eligible students attending approved post-high school institutions.  Eligibility and actual amount of aid are determined by the Office of Education.  This is a need-based program for undergraduates with no repayment required.   Completion of the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) is required. For more information on the Federal Pell Grant go to: and


The Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant Program is for students with exceptional financial need who, without the grant, would be un- able to continue their education. This is a federally-funded grant program for undergraduate students who have not earned a bachelor's degree. To be eligible, a student must be enrolled at least half-time.  The maximum award for an academic year is $4,000; however, because of limited funds, awards generally do not exceed $1,000 per academic year.  This award is based on need with no repayment required.

Federal TEACH Grant

Through the College Cost Reduction and Access Act of 2007, Congress created the Teacher Education Assistance for College and Higher Education (TEACH) Grant Program that provides grants of up to $4,000 per year to students who intend to teach in a public or private elementary or secondary school that serves students from low-income families. If, after reading all of the information on this fact sheet, you are interested in learning more about the TEACH Grant Program, you should contact the financial aid office at the college where you will be enrolled.

Iraq and Afghanistan Service Grant

A student who is not eligible for a Pell Grant but whose parent or guardian was a member of the U.S. Armed Forces and died as a result of service performed in Iraq or Afghanistan after September 11, 2001 may be eligible to receive the Iraq and Afghanistan Service Grant.

Additional Student Eligibility Requirements

- Be under 24 years old or

- Enrolled in college at least part-time at the time of the parent's or guardian's death.

The grant award is equal to the amount of a maximum Pell Grant for the award year - not to exceed the cost of attendance for that award year.